August 21, 2008

Eeek!

19 days to go and trust me, if I could get this baby out any earlier I would! My doctor doomed me to impatience. At our last appointment he said that the baby is fully developed and at this point just keeps packin on the pounds. So now dreading a 10 pound baby is added to my list of concerns... I'm just so ready to have him. I'm terrified, but I can't wait to have that tiny little boy in my arms. Mostly to reminisce about early pregnancy, I re-read the ending of my favorite pregnancy book.
Oddly enough, it's the book that's been the most helpful. It's called Belly Laughs by Jenny McCarthy. I laughed and cried through the entire book. Nothing I've read since has been as informative and hilarious. So to honor the blessed Jenny McCarthy for giving me some humor on the subject of pregnancy, I've written the ending paragraphs from her book below... enjoy!
"Once they had our baby all cleaned up and ready for his closeup, my husband walked over to me and showed me my little boy wrapped like a burrito. I cried and cried. They unstrapped my hand so I could touch his little cheek and give him a peck. I couldn't believe my eyes, I said, "Look at him honey; he blinks." To see the baby blink and look at you makes it so much more real than kicks in your belly. Chills came over my body as I started to feel a new chamber in my heart growing. My husband's face glowed like he had seen the gates of heaven open, and we stared in awe at the most beautiful thing we had ever seen.
Life was good. Life was going to be great. I had plans for this boy. I would fill him with so much love that he'd be able to conquer the world. Watching my husband glow with love also took my breath away. I don't think he had enough room in his body to contain the amount of love he was feeling at that point. Our baby was alive and well, and we adored him."

6 comments:

Andee said...

I'm so excited for you guys! I can't wait to see baby Noah! I'll always be here to be a "Work Aunt" if you guys ever need anything! :)

Love, Andee

Annalisa said...

i love the photo and the post. so inspiring!!!

Lizz said...

I like the new layout. I'm glad that you liked the Belly Laughs.

InspirednTired said...

I read Belly Laughs and thought it was extremely true and hilarious! Good luck with the final stretch- I have 89 more days and am still in the fear of delivery part of the process, but I'm sure that will change when I am miserably uncomfortable.

Mr said...

I'm so excited for you guys! It's going to be any day now. Let me know if you need anything. I can't to have baby Noah here!

Tiffany said...

You're going to be an amazing mom. I'm so excited to hear all about your new adventure as a mom!