May 30, 2009

To the park!

Today we visited Fairmont Park in Sugarhouse with Noah. We brought lots of bread to feed the ducks (I claimed it was for Noah, but it was totally for me, ducks are rad).

We went at the perfect time because there were A TON of ducklings and goslings (not to be confused with gosslins, which are on Jon and Kate Plus 8).
We lost Noah a couple times because his camo was just that good. Never again...

This is a cute goose family, we will name them the Gooselins. The goslings still had some of their fluffy down feathers. It was cute, the parents were shielding their babies from the other birds, so we could feed them. I thought it was a little overprotective, until we saw just what seagulls can do. I now fully reject them as our state birds. I don't care how many crickets they ate.... but I'll get to that later.Baby goose, he totally looks like an ostrich.Now for the wretched story of the evil seagulls. We were having a great time feeding the ducks and geese and even the occasional seagull. I looked over and saw two seagulls duking it out over something and then a seagull flying away with something in his beak. Kristo said it was a tiny duckling, but I said no way, it's just a frog. The seagull landed a few yards away and lo and behold... the stupid bird had stolen a baby duckling from its mom. I don't know if it's just because I have a kid now, but it totally broke my heart. The poor mama duck was trying to keep the seagulls away from her dying baby. I know that it's just nature, survival of the fittest... but I wanted to kick that bastard seagull as hard as I could. So boycott all seagulls! They are evil minions of the underworld!

Since that last paragraph was such a downer, here is a cute puppy who loves you to make you feel better...

2 comments:

gg said...

Great story!! Adorable pictures. Good job!!
Love you guys

Andee said...

Look at that smile! He is getting so big! Love the pictures!