July 31, 2008

Movie Night resurrection!

A few weeks back Kristo and I started a (belated) New Years resolution to have a movie and take-out night every Thursday. An idea inspired by Ace of Cakes.
We did a fantastic job keeping up with this new tradition for about three weeks and then it sort of fizzled out. We recently realized that movie night went kaput so we're starting it up again! Hooray!

In honor of our goal, I'm asking for some movie suggestions. I'm also including some of our all time favorite, must-see movies.

V for Vendetta (VIVA LA REVOLUTION!!!)

Love Actually

Garden State (I could be biased on this one because Natalie Portman is my all-time favorite actress. Also, Zach Braff is in it and also directed the movie and I love him, ever seen Scrubs?)

The Producers

Sabrina (The classic with Audrey Hepburn is much better than the remake with Harrison Ford. Even Kristo liked this one :)

Stardust (I mercilessly mocked the previews, but the movie is hilarious)

Once (Great movie, beautiful soundtrack)

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

The Jerk

Saved! (Jena Malone plays a pregnant born again Christian, Mandy Moore plays the holier-than-thou villain)

3:10 to Yuma

Tombstone

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

4 comments:

Andee said...

Wow! So many options. I'm a huge fan of most of these!

If you are looking for romance Love Actually! Action 3:10 to Yuma

Or Garden State, Saved, Stardust for good all around movies.

Tough decision!! Let me know how it goes!

Lizz said...

I know you're already seen it, but Running Scared is a great action movie.

A couple really good independent films are Brick and The Lookout, both with Joseph Gordon-Levitt (3rd Rock).

Man, I'm trying to think of movies that you haven't seen . . .

Lucky Number Slevin - Comedy
Fracture - Drama
The Kingdom - Drama
BLACK SNAKE MOAN - Comedy/Drama
Flightplan - Suspense

I'm pretty sure you haven't seen any of those and they're all great movies.

Call me if you need any more suggestions.

Tiffany said...

That is such an awesome tradition! It will keep you two close as a couple when Noah finally comes, too! I'll have to think on the movies, but thanks for the suggestions in the meantime!

Kantos Kan said...

OK, you're probably going to roll your eyes at each of these entries but, you never know.

-Night of the Living Dead; this is the movie that started it all... I am talking about the old black and white one. "They're coming to get you Barbara".
-The Man Who Knew to Little
-The Cube series (Lame but cool)
-Dracula Dead and Loving It/Robin Hood; Men in Tights
-Airplane (or any Leslie Nelson flick)
-Enchanted
-The Birds
-Young Sherlock Holmes (been years since I saw it so, may not be as cool as I think)